Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Classes for bright students; it sounds funny


Since I have grown up with short term memory loss and less concentration, I thought at-least my son should improve in those areas. So, I called one of the “U C MAS” institutions for child memory and concentration improvement center in Chennai to inquire about the classes they are offering. One lady from Anna Nagar center picks the call and told me that they are offering classes to improve concentration and memory power for the BRIGHT STUDENTS. This sounds funny for me, if students have all these qualities, why do they need “U C MAS”?

3 comments:

  1. Dear Sundararaman,

    "short term memory loss and less concentration"

    - Actually this is highly debatable topic. I am a naivette. So I don't want to enter into debate.

    - I suggest you can read this book "Gandhi - The story of my experiments with Truth". It is definitely worth reading.

    This is e-Text of a good version/translation of the book.
    ​http://www.columbia.edu/itc/mealac/pritchett/00litlinks/gandhi/index.html#part1

    There are many versions of the book. I can find a very good version of the translation here in flipkart.

    http://www.flipkart.com/story-my-experiments-truth-autobiography/p/itmczyrhxt3qv5ff?pid=9780141032733


    Regards
    Rajesh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rajesh.. I will check this one

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice post.thanks for sharing info..and u want more info modular-kitchens pls visit my site
    modular kitchen in bangalore

    ReplyDelete